Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Finito


I finished it tonight. Amongst other things, like a 7k jog, like a card game at the community hall followed by a long telephone chat with a friend who is leaving for a cruise to Alaska in the morning.

It was nearly finished anyway. I started it on Sherkin Island and fell upon it every chance I got, packing it in with my book and my android and my notepad and my camera and taking it with me everywhere so I could stroke it and add colouredy squiggles to it. Like a well loved pet. Well, so it is.

So I knew what the end should be. And tonight I wrote it.

And it's, like, done. Seriously done.

A two person play. I'd always wanted to write a play about two women with a secret. I knew the secret but they didn't. So then they find out and tell me about the secret. And you too when you see it.

And today I told one person, then another. About this play and these two women. And they got excited too. As excited as me.

Let the production meeting begin. Then the auditions. Then the table readings. Then.....

I am over the moon. Elated. Excited.

Writing does this to me.

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations and best wishes for the success of the play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am full of curiosity and pretend it is about you and me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you have the two women be sisters,mother and daughter,strangers or two friends from childhood to the present ? I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great. I hope there are companies as keen to put it on as you were to write it! And yes, I'm also curious about the nature of the relationship between the two women.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also 60+ woman...and I am so very excited for you in this endeavor. Will you share a little of it with us?Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Irene:

    That's a good premise about blog friends, I must say :)

    Let me think about that!

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  7. GFB:

    About two best friends from childhood who were long separated by deception and manipulation.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nick:

    we have our own theatre company of which I'm on the board.

    My challenge will be (I think) to get 2 actors who can interpret it the way I want. I have 2 in mind who were part of the cast last year. If they agree.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jo:

    As I get nearer to production and casting I will publish more info. I have to be careful until it is copyrighted.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful news! I look forward to the day you bring the production to Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That would be awesome indeed G M
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  12. That would be awesome indeed G M
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.