Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada





Picture taken yesterday of the changing autumn tide.


Random & Very Partial Gratitude List.


(1) I’m vertical – this is always # 1 with me. The alternative has no appeal whatsoever. The rest of the list is random.
(2) Sobriety
(3) Abstinence from addictive foods.
(4) Being nicotine free.
(5) Writing.
(6) Where I live, the country, the province, the location.
(7) My daughters, my granddaughter.
(8) Ansa, the wonder dog.
(9) Money in the bank.
(10) Food in the larder.
(11) Long walks and hikes and climbs.
(12) New friends.
(13) Old friends.
(14) A car in my driveway.
(15) A fire to warm myself.
(16) Firewood and potatoes in the barn.
(17) Living in a decent democracy as long as we have Harper on a tight leash.
(18) Excellent universal health care.
(19) Beautiful clear cold well water.
(20) Enjoying my own company.
(21) Never being bored in my life.
(22) Books.
(23) Music.
(24) Movies.
(25) Theatre.
(26) Art.
(27) Knitting.
(28) Playing house. Finally.

Enough already!

14 comments:

  1. Life is good!

    Cuddles, Hulla xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good list, WWW. Some of those items would be on my list also, especially being vertical. Playing house is wonderful, isn't it? I would add, being autonomous, but I am sure you implied that as well.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds a very rich and fulfilling list. The one thing I'd add is being in good health. If my health started seriously to decline, life could become very miserable and frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi WWW

    Addictive foods? What can you mean?

    xxx

    Pants

    ReplyDelete
  5. @H:
    Oh Yeah!
    @Irene:
    Yes, of course, and I do love playing house, pinning stuff anywhere I like, arranging my art on a towel rack, etc.
    @Nick:
    I thought vertical might cover that!! yes good health is the most important, I agree!
    @Pants:
    I don't have an 'off' switch for a lot of foods, mainly sweet so have to put them on a 'no fly' list.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  6. What more could anyone need, WWW?

    Perhaps one - the internet? Not absolutely essential, but certainly a nice accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On my list there'd definitely be the internet but not at the top if there were any order of priority. Really. I mean it. ;)
    Gxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. @T:
    I hear some are deliberately unplugging from the interwebs because studies have shown us bloggers are news junkies. And news can upset our equilibrium. Now and again it certainly upsets mine! But I agree it would be sooooo hard to do without my fellow blogger fixes!!
    @G:
    And I believe you, there is so much more in your life!!!
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that's definitely enough for a Will to Live!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aye-men Laura.
    My cup runneth over at this time of the year.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  11. excellent!

    (my favorite: no. 16. firewood and potatoes.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laurie:
    I think I could live on firewood and potatoes!
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah Jenny: for you maybe but for me: I find it far too addictive and rationalize I've had my rightful share cubed in this lifetime ;^)
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.