Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A post-carbon long emergency?

H'mmmm.
The penny isn't dropping yet with many, many media types. So many pennies. The true cost of Katrina, the coming impact of Ophelia, the billions still being awarded to highway contracts (Do we have to scream RAIL, you idiots, RAIL, or would that alarm the motor-making corporations too much?)the millions of homeless, the AIDS crisis in Africa, I could go on and on and on. But I'll stop. I can only deal with me and my stuff. First on my agenda is a wind turbine on my hill in Newfoundland. Getting off the grid. I cannot install this fast enough. And meanwhile, we all go on, waiting for Black Tuesday, the coming apocalypse on the US Stock Market. Heating Oil and Natural Gas prices for the coming winter season? Will people die as a result of the frigid winter with no heat?
Perhaps this needs to become a blog of what I am doing in preparation for the coming Unrapture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.